Saturday, January 9, 2016

Love Yourself Now

I've said it before but I must say it again. You must love yourself and your body in order to properly care for it. Everything in our culture, for a long time in the 80s  was the opposite of self-love. I went to elementary school and learned my nose was too big, my butt was too big, my hair was too nappy (and I had a perm since I was 4), I was too loud, too angry... You get the point. I was 8 years old. It took years to accept and love myself for who I am and to stop seeing myself through other's lenses. So before we move any further in getting healthy and losing weight let's make sure we are doing it from a place of love, not punishment or condemnation. We eat fruits and vegetables to nouish our bodies; we exercise to keep our joints used to moving and muscles engages and heart beating steadily. We buy ourselves clothes that fit so we can move without restriction. We should keep our nails neat, feet moisterized, hair conditioned, lips soft for us first- then for our spouses and the rest of the world. The most attractive thing to a woman is confidence. Confidence comes from knowing yourself and accenting those things you love about yourself. If you are happy with and proud of yourself, others will catch that feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...