Monday, January 11, 2016

We've Got to Live!

My driving motivation for getting in shape and losing weight was to be in good health and live. In the 90s and early 2000s, I lost too many mentors and my friends lost too many Moms and Grandmas to illnesses that were traced back to diet, obesity and pack of exercise. Not to mention stress. My Mentors were strong back women who took care of their kids plus strays like me! I realized that I would be just like these wise, beautiful, strong wonen if I didn't start making some lifestyle changes. 

The first thing I did was to get rid of soda, then I added fruits and veggies. I then weaned myself off of fast food. I used to eat fast food 2 meals a day, most days. Then I started drinking more water. I hated water in the beginning! But now it's all I drink. Then I slowly started getting more active. I had to deal with the stresses as well but that's an entry for another day. I made up in my mind I was valuable and I had to do whatever it took to be here for my kids, Grandkids and Great-Grandkids. I want to be a happy, active wife for my husband, and I want to be proud when I see my reflection in the mirror. So change is necessary, but oh so worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...