Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sometimes, food is love

Okay, I'll admit this may be the fat girl inside talking but I believe that sometimes food can be given and received in love. My cousin just posted on her facebook page that her neighbor made two slices of pound cake the same day she was cutting down on calories. You already know what my cousin did- what we all would do- start tomorrow. Lol. But seriously- sometimes food should just be enjoyed for what it is- a symbol of love. Throughout time we see food being used to bring people together, celebrate occassions, and comfort. Take care of ourselves and making our health a top priority does not mean that we can't enjoy meaningful exchanges with food. What it does mean is food cannot replace human nurturing. As Geneen Roth says food should nourish, people should nurture. So that food cannot replace love, but it can be given and received in love. Now go enjoy a great Sunday dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...