Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Me (again)

Imagine that I started this blog and I don't even remember starting it! I came up with the great idea in 2012 to chronicle my weight loss and apparently I have already had that bright idea, last year. OMG.





Anyway, I did lose 20 pounds last year, now I want to continue the weight loss and get to my goal weight. I have a lot going on right now. It is clear to me that there is a connection between my weight and unresolved feelings of being unworthy and abandoned. Until I can deal with the underlying issues, I know that any weight loss I experience will be termporary.





My main reason for losing weight is to experience a better quality of life, while avoiding the health problems that plague my mother, who has high blood pressure, diabetes, diverticulitis and sleep apnea. All of which are causes of sickness and death. I also want to stop the cycle so that my children will be healthy and have abundant life.





For the next Seven Days, I will be eating Vegan in order to prepare myself for a 40 day juice fast starting 1/11/12. I am excited and a little trepidatious about the transformation that is about to take place. My support will come from my husband, who already does much of which I aspire to do, and my two oldest daughters who also need to lose weight and get healthy. Today I juiced for the first time on my new juicer that my husband bought me. It was an awesome experience. My 40 day juice fast was inspired by the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I'm also reading the book "Transformation." Join me on this journey as I take pictures of myself daily and post them. I will also post my weight and measurements weekly.

1 comment:

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...