Monday, January 18, 2016

Biggest Loser

I set my DVR to tape Biggest Loser tonight. This show was a great motivation to lose weight. I will never push myself as hard as the contestants on Biggest Loser are pushed. It feels like nothing to work out and break a sweat after watching this show. Everyone has to live with what they choose to do to lose weight. I have family and friends who chose weight loss surgery and loved their decision and other who did the surgery and had regrets. At the end of the day each of us has to live with the decisions we make. 

I would really encourage you to do things you can live with for the rest of your life. Make choices that bring you some sense of enjoyment. I drag myself to the Wii to do yoga or dance aerobics or Zumba and as soon as I start, I'm loving it. Treadmill and weights- not so much. So I "earn" the fun workout by doing the treadmill and weights first, then topping it off with yoga (the reward) and a rest day. I can do that for the rest of my life. We have to build strong bodies and get our cardiovascular health in order. We have to see the Dr to get his/her approval before beginning any workout or diet plan. I am not a Dr and this blog should not be used as medical advice. I'm just a woman who got tired of seeing women that looked like me sick and dying. We will encourage each other and keep losing weight and making healthy choices! Join me tomorrow to see how Day one of the Master Cleanse went!

2 comments:

  1. I love the "eat that frog" mentality to your workout. You have to enjoy what you do or it won't become a lifestyle change. Thank you for your transparency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm walking. At a pretty quick pace but walking. In another life I was a runner & I feel like I should soon start running again. But I didn't really like running the last few times I tried to restart the habit. So I'll stick with walking. For now.

    ReplyDelete

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...