Monday, February 3, 2014

Weight is not everything

I got some unbelievable news the other day- I stepped on the scale and I have only gained one pound since ending the Master Cleanse. Generally I will gain around 5 pounds after the cleanse. But I have been trying to do the Shred diet and working out periodically- but still that surprises me. Just goes to show that weight is not the whole story. It can be random and sometimes not reflective of your (lack of) hard work. Losing weight is something you commit to- like being married or being a loving parent. It's something you get back up and do again and again and again. And I am committed. This weekend I did something I have never done before- I bought a Groupon to a personal trainer- Body by Todd. And I'm actually excited about it. I feel the transformation coming. I'm not abandoning The Shred Diet, but I need more accountability. I need to put more pressure on myself so that the diamond will emerge from the coal. I love my body the way it is- I just want more out of life. I want to push myself harder, set a better example for my kids, be a better wife... It's in there and it's almost within my grasp. And taking control of this weight problem is one of the final frontiers for me. It's something I've wanted for so long, I had it at one time in college when I got to 175 but now I want it again. It's been sixteen years since I've been below 200 pounds- but this is that year. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...