Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sustaining

This week has been challenging. I'm been very, very tempted to emotionally overeat. And I have not been able to get in my AM cardio because I've needed to be at work, Dr's appointment, work earlier than usual to make up the time for Monday when I was at my Grandfather's funeral. So, I am not feeling as good about this week as I did last week. But I have attended my two Body by Todd sessions and stuck pretty closely to the Shred Week 2 diet, although I have doubled my snacks every day.

I talked to my loving co-worker and the dietitian at my job and they suggested that I shoot for 2 pounds a week weight loss. I explained that I didn't want the goal to be so low that it would allow for me to slip up, but Carmen countered by pointing out that if I lost too fast, it would be more likely to come back... So I am going to modify my weight loss to be a little kinder and forgiving to myself. I am doing a great job, but the cravings this week show me that my body is rebelling a bit. And I don't want to lose the great ground that I have covered.

Although it's only been one and a half weeks, it seems like it's been much longer. And the euphoria from last week has worn off and the realization that this is a lifestyle commitment is settling in. I may not get the results that someone from bariatric surgery would get, but the results are going to come, and as Carmen reminded me, they will be more than just a smaller number on the scale!

One small victory for me today is that I have been medically cleared of Mysthenthia Gravis.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myasthenia_gravis) The doctors suspected that I may have had this autoimmune disease because I have an enlarged thymus gland or a thymoma which is common in a majority of people who have MG. Thank God after several tests, I have been cleared of this debilitating disease. I can now focus on my weight loss and the possible surgery to remove the tumor. I am breathing a sigh of relief. I have more reasons now to continue to push myself (gently) to know that I can break this plateau and that I will continue working until I get to my goal weight, even if it takes a decade. I'm worth it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...