Friday, February 21, 2014

Stalled Out

Losing weight is hard. The struggle is real. Breaking bad habits is something you have to wake up and recommit yourself to over and over again. I haven't had a great week two so far. I did not get any of my four days of cardio in but I still have three days left. I'm having a bit of a pity party. Watching the Biggest Loser and I Used to be Fat is so helpful for me because I see the pathology, the quitting mentality, the pull to the unhealthy habits... So what can I do? 
1. I can stop obsessing over how far I gave to go. For some reason I equate working out and losing weight with being dissatisfied with my current state. That does not have to be true. 
2. I can celebrate how far I've come! I used to eat fast food all day everyday. I used to consume pop like it was water. At one time when I was 266 pounds I consumed almost 3,000 callries in a day! Now I only drink water and tea; I never eat fast food and I keep my caloriesto around 1,500 even on cheat days. Why not celebrate those facts??? Why not celebrate how my clothes fit??? Why not celebrate how clear my skin is??? Why not embrace myself. (Tears)
3. I am identifying a pattern of self-destruction. I see that whenever I start to accomplish something there is a part of me- afraid of failure, I guess, that starts to want to regress back to what's comfortable. This pattern is very hard to identify in myself but I can see it clearly in the clients I lifecoach. I have to identify and rectify this pattern as it is holding me back. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...