Monday, February 10, 2014

Doing It!

I had a great workout this morning. I am pushing past all the obstacles and excuses and doing what I have to do. My neck is really bothering me, but I tuned it out in order to focus on the results I want. I just wanted to share my prep work for this week in hopes that it will help someone.

What did I need to get started?
Where?: Several fun aerobics, a gym membership and a personal trainer at Body by Todd
What?: I needed comfortable pants to work out in, a sports bra and a tank top- I also wore a sweatshirt to mazimize my sweat! I love what Dacia says: "Sweat is just fat crying!" I used to hate to sweat.
How?: How did I get to this point? I watched tons of Biggest Loser and I Used to Be Fat. These shows helped me to think about what my mind set needed to be in order to be successful. I realized if I didn't have the right mindset I would not lose weight for good. I am ready to lose the weight for good this time. I also began to really ruminate over how obesity is affecting my children's lives. Two of my daughters are overweight and I want to model great behavior for them before they get my age.
When?: The best time for me to work out is first thing in the morning. It gives me a great feeling of accomplishment that lasts all day. Studies have also shown that working out on an empty stomach helps you to burn calories all day. Also there's no excuses if all you have to do is wake up and hit the gym (or put in a DVD).
Why?: I am doing this for myself. I love my body, but I want to be in good health and I want to have an abundant life. I don't want to take medicine or give myself shots and I don't want to be hospitalized. I want to be active for my marriage and my kids and I want to live the life I tell others about when I life coach. I want to take advantage of the fact that I wasn't maimed in my car accident, and that I can walk without a limp. I want to be an encouragement to those around me that hard work pays off and that you don't have to settle for being obese because it's a family curse.

I had to plan because I realized that lack of planning was a major reason why I was not successful in the past. I also need a long term commitment. Even though I am only doing Body by Todd for six weeks, I am committed to this lifestyle for the duration. Even in maintenance phase I will still work out and still eat healthy. This is something I have to be committed to for the duration.

Here is my schedule for this week. My meal plan is adapted from Dr. Ian Smith's Shred Diet:
Starting Weight: 229
Goal Weight: 198
Time: 6 weeks February 10- March 21, 2014
Weekly Weight Loss Goal: 5.3 pounds

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
AM
Treadmill- HIIT
Hip-hop abs
Healing Yoga
Day off

Treadmill- HIIT
Healing Yoga
Day off

PM
6:30 QVR
4:30 QVR
QVR home
Date night
QVR home



Day
Breakfast
9:00am
Snack 1
10:30am
Lunch
12:00pm
Snack 2
3:30pm
Dinner
5:30pm
Monday
Cereal w/almond milk
orange
Pretzels with fat free cream cheese
1 bowl of soup
Green beans
1 ½ low fat string cheese
1 serving of broccoli with baked potato
Tuesday
Protein shake
½ cup peanuts
Protein shake
½ apple
6oz chicken
2 cups broccoli 2 cups spinach salad
Wednesday
2 boiled egg whites
Grapefruit
Cottage cheese
Turkey sandwich on bread, small green salad
10 baby carrots w/dressing
1 small taco with brown rice
Thursday
Grilled cheese sandwich
Grapefruit
10 baby carrots w/hummus
1 small green salad, 1 bowl of soup
3 cups popcorn (movies)
Small salad with veggies 1 chicken breast
Friday
Cereal w/almond milk
orange
30 grapes
Fruit Smoothie
apple
1 ½ low fat string cheese
1 piece fish
1 piece of bread
Saturday
Oatmeal
apple
1 hard-boiled egg
Fruit smoothie
apple
Cottage cheese and fresh pineapple (1/4 cup of each)
2 slices of pizza
1 serving of broccoli
Sunday
Grapefruit
2 boiled eggs
2 piece toast
1 cup of juice
25 peanuts
Skip
Natures Valley Oats n’ Honey granola bar
Side salad w/veggies and 1 chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...