Friday, January 31, 2014

The Struggle Continues

If it wasn't weight it would be something else, right? There is always another bridge to climb, another barrier to cross. I'm proud of how far I have come and I have to remind myself to be kind and gentle with myself. Talking with my support person on fb yesterday really helped. But the TOM struggle is real and so is the birthday cake that I'm getting this weekend for my daughter, Kaissa who turns 16!!! Tell me friends do you take a day off occassionally or once a week and if so does that help or increase the cravings? I tend to find when I do indulge that the food never tastes as good as I thought it would taste and that I end up feeling that I could have been stronger if I had just held out. This is my last week wavering. February has to start off strong (although Valentines Day may be another struggle). The great thing about this time in my life is that there are so many people around me with a similar struggle and I see how hard they are working and how the hard work really does pay off (Katie Calhoun) and I feel inspired to keep going! Let me know those of you who have made a New Year's Resolution to lose weight or exercise how it's going for you guys. Sistas in the struggle- we are going to make it to our goal. The picture on the opening page is my reminder of how far I have come. Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...