Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Beast Mode

Why would I return to a studio/gym where I encountered so much pain yesterday? Because I love myself enough  to push past the pain for a healthier, fuller life. Everytime the work out got rough, one side of me would say, "I could just quit. What's so bad about being fat?" And the fit girl inside would push back, "Everything." When I leaned over to my 16 year old and asked her "What's so bad about being fat?" She said,"Dying early." Dang. How's that for perspective. 40 crunches it is!

My husband told me twice this evening how proud he is of me. And not because I'm eating right- I've done that before- or exercised- I've done that before. It's because he sees the fire in my eyes. He can sense that this time it different. That all the excuses and procrastination is gone. It's do or die. As Beachbody says, It's time to "Decide. Commit. Succeed." That's just what I intend to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...