Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Been Awhile

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been steadily working out and eating right and I have not lost a pound...And I'm okay with that, for the first time. I feel great. And I feel my strength and endurance increasing everyday. I have gotten my blood pressure down to 124/88 which is great from the borderline high blood pressure I had over the past few years. That blood pressure was when I was experiencing pain and stress! I got an injury in my back and right arm from doing one arm push ups with my trainer. The crazy thing was I didn't feel any pain that night, I felt it the next morning. And it stayed acute for the next few days. After a week, I went to see the Orthopedic Surgeon. He prescribed steroids and Flexerall and I immediately felt better. So after a week off, I was back to QVR yesterday. And I got through my workout and felt great. Last week, although I didn't do QVR, I still managed to get to the treadmill and do Zumba at my job with my awesome co-workers! I am feeling like I'm in a great place right now. I may not meet my weight goal before my trip to Israel this year, but I'm still feeling like I have accomplished so much. My husband keeps telling me how proud of me he is- that I have worked through the pain and that I will not give up. Things are changing this time, hopefully for the best, hopefully for the long term...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...