Thursday, January 30, 2014

Weight loss woes

I am really struggling with the Shred Diet. It seems most of the people that are in the Shred Facebook group are doing phenomenal but I've always struggled with Shred from the beginning. I just get hungry and overeat at the end of the day. Or I miss a meal and overeat. There is not a lot of structure in my day and I thought being at the office 30 hours a week would help with that. But twice a week, our lessons revolve around a healthy meal. And that healthy meal was fetuccini alfredo- it may have been healthy because it was made with whole wheat pasta but it was not on the list of approved meals for my Shred Meal 3... But I ate it and the homemade french bread to go with it and because I was already off track, I came home and had tacos and tortillas....

And the cravings are escalating because it's that TOM. So I have a new support person who is going to try to help me during the weekends (I start taking one meal off and it becomes the whole weekend off). This is the second week that I haven't been able to successfully get through the week on Shred and I'm getting bummed. I did so well on the Master Cleanse but I think maybe I didn't cleanse long enough to get rid of all my cravings, because they seem to be here- and with a vengeance. I need a mantra or an affirmation that I say daily that reminds me of how far I've come and encourages me to keep going. All my office mates are trying to lose and eat healthy so that is really a plus- and I'm doing a much better job at managing the stress in my life...

So I'm going to give it my all and keep trying no matter how hard it is (and boy does it seem hard). I'm also going to confess to my accountability partner on Shred that I'm struggling and maybe she can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...