Friday, January 24, 2014

Keeping Pace

So pretty much my whole life has been run in hyper speed. My mom said I was born late and I've been running late ever since. I don't know but I've barely had a moment to catch my breath between school, babies, marriages, divorces, moving, and all the other drama, car accidents, health problems, career changes...But through it all, my smile has remained the same, my spirit still soars and I am still expecting the best out of life.

Something strange is happening. I'm slowing down. I thinking more long term. I'm able to visualize my future and think of the things that it will take for me to get where I want to go. My husband told me it's better for us to life separate for a while and stay married forever rather than to rush to live together and divorce in a year. We are slowing down and thinking about the implications of our actions for our future. We are still fun and impulsive but now there is more of a balance.

And guess what? The weight is not so much an issue anymore. I step on the scale and I see the progress. I feel and know that my body is loved and cherished and that I'm doing what it takes to honor it. I value that one pound loss that a year ago I sucked my teeth at. I'm seeing the value of building your team of people that have character rather than those you totally agree with or get along with at all time. My relationships are progressing and evolving and I'm- can't believe I'm going to say this- losing the fear. I'm losing the fear of losing it all, or holding it too tightly. I'm learning to live in the moment and slow down so that the moment lasts.

So... I finished the Master Cleanse and felt great about it. I met my goal of staying on for 10 days and for getting down to 225. (Well I did orange juice Day 10 and I got down to 226) I feel very confident that this year will be different for me in terms of the commitment I'm making to take care of myself and the implications of that for my family and friends. I am challenged to work harder and continue to eat healthy and watch my body respond. If that happens in a month, great! If that takes 5 years? Great! Either way, I'll be doing myself a favor every day I honor it by eating great, live, healthy foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...