Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 8, MLK Day

Today is Day 8 of the Master Cleanse. It was an amazing day today because it feels so good to almost finished with this journey. Although it hasn't been as perfect as I would like it to have been, I am really proud of my resiliency in doing this cleanse. My cravings are still there but I'm finding out ways to integrate my favorite foods into my diet and lifestyle change. There is not much more to talk about- doing it is the biggest part- but I do want to journal so that I'm able to chronicle what I'm doing this year. One of my challenges is that I always start out with a bang but I get bored or lazy and I don't follow through. So this journaling is holding me accountable- to myself and to you. The master cleanse is not the answer to a weight loss problem, it's a tool that I'm choosing to use in order to jump start my weight loss. It's important to restart and get all of the bad habits and greasy/fatty/salty/sweet foods out of your palate.

One of the biggest reasons why I am attempting to lose weight is in order to have a long and satisfying life. It is obvious that my weight problem was having an affect on my knees, my joints, my ankles, everything. I do not want to get five years older and need knee replacement or hip replacement. I need to see exercise is something that I commit to now but plan on doing for a lifetime, regardless of whether I hit my goal weight or not. In the past, many people work hard to lose the weight and then they begin to "life" while they are at their goal weight without realizing that if they don't do what they did to lose the weight, the weight will come right back.

My facebook, instagram and twitter pages are really going to help me stay focused. The Shred diet and Super Shred diets are on the floor next to my bed. I know that they will also be tools that I use to lose the weight in the future. I am also modeling a better way of eating for my children and the future generations. One thing that I will have to deal with throughout the weight loss are the feelings of inadequacy that a lot of people who are struggling to lose weight deal with. Even if you lose the weight, if you don't feel worthy, you will continue to self-sabatoge. I believe this is what is happening to a lot of people who have gotten the gastric bypass and then regained the weight.

This year, 2014, something is different. Just like last year for me and my finances, something was different. I am not the same girl I used to be. Something has clicked. There is no turning back, no more regressing. I am ready for the world that lies ahead of me in the body that I know is in there. Skinny girl- come forth! Lol. Just kidding, I don't aim to be skinny, but I do aim to control food and stop letting food control me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...