Thursday, January 12, 2012

Amazing Journey- Day Two

I can't believe I have only been juicing for two days...Dang! Seems like I have eaten in months. Lol. I am so enjoying this process of juice fasting. Yesterday I was thinking about food all day. Now, today, I barely thought about food. Instead I had a lot of energy and I got soooo much accomplished. I am feeling like a new person is emerging. What a wonderful journey. It helps that my church is fasting and my Mom and twins Grandma have joined me along with my oldest daughters. I just feel like the Butterfly in the cocoon. The changes may not be on the outside yet, but I sure feel it on the inside.

A student came up to me after class to tell me that I looked like I was losing weight!!! What??? Go Nikka, go Nikka! But more than the outside transformation, the inside transformation is so much more gratifying. I'm able to focus and concentrate more, I am calmer, I am more patient...All things that help me be a better mother, wife, friend, co-worker. I have juiced vegetables that I never ate before (beats, Kale). I'm cool with the kale, but beats are a strong taste! But the thing is being part of this huge community that is doing something about their health! Organic milk is almost sold out at Giant Eagle, there was no kale there today- people are getting the message, and changing the way they eat- and I'm proud to be part of that movement.

I have not been able to exercise effectively. I took a nap today during the time I'd planned to exercise. But that's okay. I have 40 days to incorporate an exercise routine that I can stay with. And I may have to conserve my energy during this fast- especially in the first few days. But I feel like I can run; I take the stairs at work; I kept my work clothes and bra on all day (and it doesn't feel like my clothes are cutting off my circulation!). Change is happening.

I'm going to run myself a hot bath and soak...I so deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...