Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 20!!!!!!!!

So, I just wanted to be able to make it. That pretty much consumed all my energy. Just making it through the day. But today I am on Day 20 with 20 more days to go. I have gone from 244 to 227. I feel a renewed sense of purpose and energy and am amazed about how many resources fasting has freed up (especially the monetary one's!) I miss eating, especially with my husband because that was really our thing to do away from the kids, but I know in 20 days, I will be changed for life and able to go back to healthy eating in moderation, many of the things I love. The whole wheat quesadilla that my daughter ate today looked sooooo good. I don't think I'll ever go back to eating fast food...that is the one thing I can do without forever.

I don't know what to say. The fast has been life changing. I know I love food and that food is important, but I don't live to eat anymore. I don't have the cravings or mood swings associated with eating/not eating my favorite foods. And most importantly, I hope to not be in a hospital having a heart attack like my Mom was just a few weeks ago.

We are what we eat, so we better start eating live, whole foods that will sustain us and replenish us. Take my challenge: if God didn't make it, don't eat it- and see how you feel...

1 comment:

  1. This is really amazing, Tanikka! I am really inspired by your journey.

    ReplyDelete

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...