Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good Choices

Day One- Vegan

Today I made good choices. I woke up this morning with "workout" on my mind. I know if I do a workout, I will feel accomplished and it will be easier to make better choices throughout the day. I laid in the bed and visualized myself doing planks, push ups and sit ups. I woke up, took the older girls to the bus stop, and while the baby slept, I did those planks, push ups and sit ups (8). Then when my 10 year old son woke up, I did yoga with him. That was so much fun, relaxing and invigorating at the same time. Then I journaled, read the Bible and measured myself. It's imperative that you know your numbers when you set out to gain control of your eating and weight.

My numbers? This morning I weighed 245.0, (down from my high in April 2011 of 266) my blood pressure is 126/84. My waist measurement is 41.

Since posting my plans to do a 40 day juice fast, I've heard from a lot of people who feel that my juice fast is too extreme. When I went to Chipotle this afternoon with my husband and daughters, he was shocked when I ordered romaine lettuce, plain. He told me this evening he thinks I'm going too extreme with my diet. I don't plan on depriving myself. I just feel like I have the rest of my life to eat what I want. But right now, in this moment, I want to lose weight. I want my outside to match my inside.

Today, going vegan, (with no sugar) I had more energy and more excitement than I have had in a while. I am taking all the comments in consideration. I may do a modification of the 40 day juice fast. I think there is something to be said for the clarity gained during a fast. And I am not expecting this fast to be the end all be all (well yes I am). But the movie, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" really resonated with me. I don't want to be on medication. I want to allow my body to heal itself from the inside.

reading this book: Transformation by Bill Phillips and I will be exploring the questions that he poses. This book is about not just losing weight but dealing with the issues that caused you to put on the weight in the first place. I've been dealing with all those issues for the past year. I love myself and where I have come from. I love the person that I have become. And honestly, I have loved my fat. I have to grieve what it stood for- the protection I thought it offered and the comfort. It is difficult to let this fat go. But it must go. I love what my friend Uneeka said #skinnygirlinside. I don't think there is a skinny girl inside, but there is a healthy girl inside who doesn't need food to be her friend...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post Tanikka! I applaud your transparency. Don't listen to "people" do what you think is best.

    ReplyDelete

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...