Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I want to be better. I'm losing sight of exactly what that means, however. It used to be skinny, rich, famous author, famous rapper. But now it looks more like just happy and just healthy. Looks like serenity, peace and security. Looks more like healthy offspring who are confident and able to go into the world to make a difference. It sounds cliched, but it's real. It's working everyday to have a more meaningful, more fufilling partnership with my husband.

It's understanding myself more as I strive to help others understand me. It's reflecting my experiences without allowing my experiences to define me.

I am a work in process. The hardest part of my journey has been accepting the NOW. Not trying to rush through childhood to get to adulthood (which to me equalled freedom).

I am slowing down-have been ever since I had the twins. I'm trying to hold on to each precious moment-photograph it in my memory. A blossoming 15 year old holding a growing 7 month old (click).

Today I'm still striving to be a better me. (written 3/7/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...