Monday, April 20, 2020

Hitting my Stride

Feeling good because I’m hitting my stride. I’m in week 2 and down 5 pounds. I’m feeling good. I posted a picture of myself on Facebook where I was not completely happy with how I looked. But I posted it anyway because I need to be honest about how I look and what that’s the result. When you don’t workout and you don’t concentrate on what you eat- it is reflected. And that’s what I had to sit with. That’s not what I want to reflect moving forward. I want to look like I love myself and put myself first. It’s crazy because we live each day so concerned with how we impact others, but so little to how we impact ourselves. What we do and say to ourselves is the most important thing we can do but we spend so little time focusing on this relationship. Love of self for some people is so normal. For others of us, it had to be learned over time. I started really falling in love with myself as a single mom of 5. I realized that the companionship and unconditional love I was seeking in men I had to be committed to finding within myself. And also that I deserved to love myself the way God loved me. It wasn’t overnight and there were times I had to fake it until I could make it. But over the 2.5 years I was abstinent, I found a deep, enduring love for myself. I am hoping that this love carries me through my health (almost said weightloss) journey. If you love something, you are always thinking about what’s best for them in the long run. And even if it’s uncomfortable for a season, you know it will pay off in the end. Working  out, intermittent fasting, low carb and water, water, water may not (ever) make me skinny overnight. It takes committment, perseverance and I commitment to love myself how I am while also loving  the future me that I’m working for, now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The More things Change, The More They Stay the Same

 It’s February 20th and I’m up in my gym clothes ready to go. I have really struggled staying consistent with diet and exercise since 2021 w...